Tags: coffee shop, Davao City's History, Jack's Ridge, Kai's Bar and Grill, Karlo's Coffee Station, Kool Kat's Pool, restaurant, Souvenir Shop, Taklobo Restaurant
The land on which Jack’s Ridge now stand as soon as formed part of your headquarter from the retreating Japanese forces towards the end in the World War II. The Americans had landed in Davao on Might 1, 1945, forcing the Japanese to beat a path to Matina Hills exactly where they had a commanding view in the Davao Gulf exactly where the American ships were anchored. Fierce fighting soon erupted between the two forces, and as history shown us, the Japanese lost.
Today, a lot more than half a century later, Jack’s Ridge is filled with reminders of its historic past. Caves dug by the Japanese pockmark the area, and as soon as in a although men and women still come across bullets along with other war materials within the rocky soil.
There is also talk that hidden somewhere in the caved are gold bullions and other treasure that the Japanese had taken from other countries and brought to Davao.
Whatever the truth is about the treasure, Jack’s Ridge maintains the feature that produced it an essential outpost for the retreating Japanese forces, a commanding view of Davao City and also the Gulf, the same view within the premises is also refreshing, since the owner has made its mission to preserve the natural beauty in the place.
Jack’s Ridge was built to provide a completely new experience to dinners, and its not over yet, much more development are under way to make it the premier dining resort in Davao City.
Indeed, Jack’s RDG is making it’s own mark in Davao City’s History.
Kai's Bar and Grill
Karlo's Gourmet and Coffee
Located at the top of Shrine Hills in Matina, this spot provides a spectacular view of the city, Davao Gulf and even Samal Island. Really nice spot to eat specifically at night, with cool breeze and bright twinkling city lights for a view. Specializes in local Filipino delicacies like sinigang, lechon, grilled tuna, barbeque chicken, spare ribs, etc. The order takes up to 30 minutes to be served but it is worth the wait.
Adjacent to the restaurant is Kai’s, a bar featuring live bands virtually nightly and Karlo’s Coffee Station, a lovely coffee shop. There’s also a piano bar cum karaoke house nearby. Jack’s Ridge also has a swimming pool, a native boutique and overnight accommodations.
Kool Kat's Pool
|Our Address:||Jack’s Ridge Resort and Restaurant Corp.|
Shrine Hills, Matina, Davao City 8000
|Telephone:||63.82.2978830 to 31|
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
- Japanese Tunnel in Davao There are actually lots of historical landmarks in Davao, but few have captured the public imagination quite like the Japanese Tunnel. Although there is numerous of those tunnels in Davao, the most famous is the 1 on the D' Japanese […]
- Gap Farm Resort in Davao Out within the countryside of Davao Metropolis, far from the hustle and bustle of daily metropolis life and from complex modernity could be the Philippine Gap Farm Vacation resort. Quiet and rural, not a few men and women have identified […]
- Gino’s Burgers Gino’s Burger American Grilled 100% Satisfaction… 100% Pure Lean Beef 150 grams
100% Always FRESH never FROZEN
100% Charcoal Grilled
100% ALL American Menu:
Regular Burger P80
Jr Burger P60
Giant Burger […]
- Holiday Gym and Spa Keeping fit is not just a hobby but a way of life. This is why we have dedicated ourselves to people who know that the real strength they get from staying fit is the feeling it gives them inside. At Holiday Gym and Spa we want you to […]
- Sevenseas and NineSigns SEVENSEAS AND NINESIGNS derived from 2 words; SEVENSEAS: The phrase "Seven Seas" (as in the idiom "sail the Seven Seas") can refer either to a particular set of seven seas or be used as an expression for all the world's oceans in […]
- Kaizen Davao: Japanese Street Dining "Food was served hot and tasteful! The cue for the customers were conducted in a orderly manner. Servers were clean and courteous. The katsudon was juicy and not too sweet.
The Price is reasonable. Owners are accommodating, friendly […]
- Vikings, Largest Buffet Restaurant in Davao City Largest Buffet Restaurant opens in Davao, Boosts Tourism Tourists spend an average of $92/day around 4,000php. At least 225 of this amount is spent for food and beverage according to the Department of Tourism 2011 tourist profile […]
- Cafe Demitasse If you are looking for a new place to hang out, this is the perfect place for you! We have the right ambiance, great coffee, cakes to satisfy your sweet tooth and good food to fill your tummy! Location
727 F. Torres Street, 8000 […]
- Glamour Resto & Caterer Glamour is often a known restaurant and caterer in our hometown Cotabato City. The Davao City branch was opened recently, on August 20, 2009. It can be owned and managed by Chef Rebecca Losin, and her mom, Tita Chona […]
- Jeong Gane Korean Restaurant Whether you are new to Korean food or a Korean food fanatic, you will find something you like from the menu items they offer. With definitive flexibility in terms of meat selections or vegetarian varieties, as well as spiciness […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us