Tags: coffee shop, Davao City's History, Jack's Ridge, Kai's Bar and Grill, Karlo's Coffee Station, Kool Kat's Pool, restaurant, Souvenir Shop, Taklobo Restaurant
The land on which Jack’s Ridge now stand as soon as formed part of your headquarter from the retreating Japanese forces towards the end in the World War II. The Americans had landed in Davao on Might 1, 1945, forcing the Japanese to beat a path to Matina Hills exactly where they had a commanding view in the Davao Gulf exactly where the American ships were anchored. Fierce fighting soon erupted between the two forces, and as history shown us, the Japanese lost.
Today, a lot more than half a century later, Jack’s Ridge is filled with reminders of its historic past. Caves dug by the Japanese pockmark the area, and as soon as in a although men and women still come across bullets along with other war materials within the rocky soil.
There is also talk that hidden somewhere in the caved are gold bullions and other treasure that the Japanese had taken from other countries and brought to Davao.
Whatever the truth is about the treasure, Jack’s Ridge maintains the feature that produced it an essential outpost for the retreating Japanese forces, a commanding view of Davao City and also the Gulf, the same view within the premises is also refreshing, since the owner has made its mission to preserve the natural beauty in the place.
Jack’s Ridge was built to provide a completely new experience to dinners, and its not over yet, much more development are under way to make it the premier dining resort in Davao City.
Indeed, Jack’s RDG is making it’s own mark in Davao City’s History.
Kai's Bar and Grill
Karlo's Gourmet and Coffee
Located at the top of Shrine Hills in Matina, this spot provides a spectacular view of the city, Davao Gulf and even Samal Island. Really nice spot to eat specifically at night, with cool breeze and bright twinkling city lights for a view. Specializes in local Filipino delicacies like sinigang, lechon, grilled tuna, barbeque chicken, spare ribs, etc. The order takes up to 30 minutes to be served but it is worth the wait.
Adjacent to the restaurant is Kai’s, a bar featuring live bands virtually nightly and Karlo’s Coffee Station, a lovely coffee shop. There’s also a piano bar cum karaoke house nearby. Jack’s Ridge also has a swimming pool, a native boutique and overnight accommodations.
Kool Kat's Pool
||Jack’s Ridge Resort and Restaurant Corp.
Shrine Hills, Matina, Davao City 8000
||63.82.2978830 to 31
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
- Siycha Transport Corporation (STC) Taxi Davao City Ride on STC Taxi with Brand New Hyundai Accent Units.
Friendly and well-trained professional drivers
Will bring you to your destination safe and sound.
A NON-STOP Van Transportation from SM Davao Terminal to Butuan and vice versa, […]
- Microtel Inn and Suites in Davao Davao Metropolis is synonymous with 1 word - culture.
Exemplifying the mix of diverse traditions that make the city all the much more attractive to tourists, Davao City can also be positioning itself as the cyber city of Southern […]
- Abreeza Mall Davao
Abreeza, the latest purchasing mall in Davao is lastly open final Thursday, Might twelve. The much-anticipated opening brought a various degree of exhilaration and thrill to Davao consumers. The mall is really a joint venture in […]
- Pearl Farm Beach Resort Within the deep Southern Mindanao, based inside the Land of Wonderful Promise, is a Tropical Paradise, a place with natural charms, Davao. The new destination on the South, Davao City is only an hour-and-twenty five minute plane ride away […]
- Gap Farm Resort in Davao Out within the countryside of Davao Metropolis, far from the hustle and bustle of daily metropolis life and from complex modernity could be the Philippine Gap Farm Vacation resort. Quiet and rural, not a few men and women have identified […]
- Cafe Demitasse If you are looking for a new place to hang out, this is the perfect place for you! We have the right ambiance, great coffee, cakes to satisfy your sweet tooth and good food to fill your tummy!
727 F. Torres Street, 8000 […]
- Go Forward Pest Control – Pest Control Services in Davao City, Philippines Pest Control Services such as General Pest Control, Termite Control / Anay Control, Rat Control, Cockroach Control, Mosquito Control, Exterminator, Fumigation, Fogging, Crawling and Flying Insect Control, Soil Treatment in Davao City, […]
- How to get to Davao By Air he Davao International Airport, also known as Francisco Bangoy International Airport, is the principal link to the Davao region from other countries and the rest of the islands. It is the busiest airport in Southern […]
- Davao Museum The rich cultural heritage of Davao stems from your unique groups and tribes that populated the area throughout its history. For those interested, the finest way to study about them is by going on the Davao Museum.
The Davao Museum is […]
- Emars Wavepool The very First Wavepool in Davao! Experience the biggest wave that will hit your way while on swimming!
Emars wavepool,hotel and restaurant has every thing you'll need to get a fun-tastic getaway. Our hotel amenities and solutions […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us