Tags: coffee shop, Davao City's History, Jack's Ridge, Kai's Bar and Grill, Karlo's Coffee Station, Kool Kat's Pool, restaurant, Souvenir Shop, Taklobo Restaurant
The land on which Jack’s Ridge now stand as soon as formed part of your headquarter from the retreating Japanese forces towards the end in the World War II. The Americans had landed in Davao on Might 1, 1945, forcing the Japanese to beat a path to Matina Hills exactly where they had a commanding view in the Davao Gulf exactly where the American ships were anchored. Fierce fighting soon erupted between the two forces, and as history shown us, the Japanese lost.
Today, a lot more than half a century later, Jack’s Ridge is filled with reminders of its historic past. Caves dug by the Japanese pockmark the area, and as soon as in a although men and women still come across bullets along with other war materials within the rocky soil.
There is also talk that hidden somewhere in the caved are gold bullions and other treasure that the Japanese had taken from other countries and brought to Davao.
Whatever the truth is about the treasure, Jack’s Ridge maintains the feature that produced it an essential outpost for the retreating Japanese forces, a commanding view of Davao City and also the Gulf, the same view within the premises is also refreshing, since the owner has made its mission to preserve the natural beauty in the place.
Jack’s Ridge was built to provide a completely new experience to dinners, and its not over yet, much more development are under way to make it the premier dining resort in Davao City.
Indeed, Jack’s RDG is making it’s own mark in Davao City’s History.
Kai's Bar and Grill
Karlo's Gourmet and Coffee
Located at the top of Shrine Hills in Matina, this spot provides a spectacular view of the city, Davao Gulf and even Samal Island. Really nice spot to eat specifically at night, with cool breeze and bright twinkling city lights for a view. Specializes in local Filipino delicacies like sinigang, lechon, grilled tuna, barbeque chicken, spare ribs, etc. The order takes up to 30 minutes to be served but it is worth the wait.
Adjacent to the restaurant is Kai’s, a bar featuring live bands virtually nightly and Karlo’s Coffee Station, a lovely coffee shop. There’s also a piano bar cum karaoke house nearby. Jack’s Ridge also has a swimming pool, a native boutique and overnight accommodations.
Kool Kat's Pool
||Jack’s Ridge Resort and Restaurant Corp.
Shrine Hills, Matina, Davao City 8000
||63.82.2978830 to 31
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
- Tower Inn Davao With its super affordable room rates and first-class amenities, a lot of individuals uncover Tower Inn as a single of the most pleasurable and convenient places to stay in Davao Metropolis. In addition to these wonderful features, the […]
- Jones Beach Resort Situated within the heart of Davao’s progressive south region, Jones Beach Resort is situated a couple of minutes through the town correct. They've been awarded as No. one Swimming Pool Resort in Davao City in 2003 and 2005 in addition to […]
- Banana Leaf Asian Café in Davao Aside from beautiful resorts and hotels, Davao City is also popular for high-class eateries that serve delectable dishes. A lot of eateries inside the metropolis offer sumptuous Asian dishes. Hence, to beat other eating places and to […]
CHEESYMADAS is a start up business owned and operated by Valerie M. Te. She is a self-taught baker mom since she got married and had her first child. She is well known for her passion in baking for her three beautiful daughters that led […]
- Events by Liz – Event Expert in Davao City, Philippines Events by Liz has been operating for two years but they already had almost 300 events and counting including weddings, conferences, Corporate, Mall Events, Birthdays, Parties, debut and Concerts.
Liz is currently a Secretary General at […]
- Kadayawan sa Dabaw 2012 Official Calendar of Events
Kadayawan sa Dabaw 2012 official logo. Photo by http://on.fb.me/yeCH5q
The Kadayawan sa Dabaw 2012 fever is officially on!
The local government of Davao City has released the official calendar of events for this year's Kadayawan […]
- The Apo View Hotel Davao’s most popular address, The Apo View, has by means of the last 60 years, developed a distinct brand of hospitality and excellence in service matched with the perfect blend of amenities for business and […]
- Philippine Eagle Foundation The Philippine Eagle (Pithecophaga jefferyi) is really a giant forest raptor endemic towards the Philippines. It truly is considered one particular of your largest and most powerful eagles within the world. Unfortunately, it's also 1 of […]
- Kikokeki: Best Fluffy Cheesecake in Davao City
"Guaranteed to satisfy the most ardent cheesecake fan out there. The taste is simply the best..."
Light and wiggly, kikokeki Fluffy Cheesecake is a delicious gift for a real cheesecake lover. It's a melt-in-your-mouth combination […]
- Davao Hospitals Davao has a number of the most dependable and respected hospitals and health care centers inside Philippines. Davao hospitals mostly serve the Mindanao and Visayas regions. Here are a number of them.
Davao Medical Center (Southern […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us