Tags: coffee shop, Davao City's History, Jack's Ridge, Kai's Bar and Grill, Karlo's Coffee Station, Kool Kat's Pool, restaurant, Souvenir Shop, Taklobo Restaurant
The land on which Jack’s Ridge now stand as soon as formed part of your headquarter from the retreating Japanese forces towards the end in the World War II. The Americans had landed in Davao on Might 1, 1945, forcing the Japanese to beat a path to Matina Hills exactly where they had a commanding view in the Davao Gulf exactly where the American ships were anchored. Fierce fighting soon erupted between the two forces, and as history shown us, the Japanese lost.
Today, a lot more than half a century later, Jack’s Ridge is filled with reminders of its historic past. Caves dug by the Japanese pockmark the area, and as soon as in a although men and women still come across bullets along with other war materials within the rocky soil.
There is also talk that hidden somewhere in the caved are gold bullions and other treasure that the Japanese had taken from other countries and brought to Davao.
Whatever the truth is about the treasure, Jack’s Ridge maintains the feature that produced it an essential outpost for the retreating Japanese forces, a commanding view of Davao City and also the Gulf, the same view within the premises is also refreshing, since the owner has made its mission to preserve the natural beauty in the place.
Jack’s Ridge was built to provide a completely new experience to dinners, and its not over yet, much more development are under way to make it the premier dining resort in Davao City.
Indeed, Jack’s RDG is making it’s own mark in Davao City’s History.
Kai's Bar and Grill
Karlo's Gourmet and Coffee
Located at the top of Shrine Hills in Matina, this spot provides a spectacular view of the city, Davao Gulf and even Samal Island. Really nice spot to eat specifically at night, with cool breeze and bright twinkling city lights for a view. Specializes in local Filipino delicacies like sinigang, lechon, grilled tuna, barbeque chicken, spare ribs, etc. The order takes up to 30 minutes to be served but it is worth the wait.
Adjacent to the restaurant is Kai’s, a bar featuring live bands virtually nightly and Karlo’s Coffee Station, a lovely coffee shop. There’s also a piano bar cum karaoke house nearby. Jack’s Ridge also has a swimming pool, a native boutique and overnight accommodations.
Kool Kat's Pool
||Jack’s Ridge Resort and Restaurant Corp.
Shrine Hills, Matina, Davao City 8000
||63.82.2978830 to 31
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
- Ateneo de Davao University Ateneo de Davao University is really a premiere Filipino, Catholic and Jesuit College founded by the Philippine Province with the Society of Jesus in year 1948 which aims to establish a standard of excellence in academic and spiritual […]
- Vikings, Largest Buffet Restaurant in Davao City Largest Buffet Restaurant opens in Davao, Boosts Tourism
Tourists spend an average of $92/day around 4,000php. At least 225 of this amount is spent for food and beverage according to the Department of Tourism 2011 tourist profile […]
- Java Jive Celebrate Life, Family and Friends as JavaJive offers you a 24/7 Brewing, Seeping and Fizzing Jazz- & OPM-themed Bistro Cafe.
Location 1.18 Centron Building, Quirino Street corner Gen. Luna Street, 8000 Davao […]
- ABS-CBN Davao
TV Patrol The southern part of Mindanao may be the nearby information community send out with the ABS-CBN Local Community Team inside Davao Metropolis. It's been one of the most viewed information enter in Davao Town as well as Area 14. […]
- Zabs Buffet Restaurant
Zabs Buffet Restaurant is a contemporary self-serviced buffet restaurant in Davao City. Offering an extensive banquet-style dining experience, provides the perfect relaxed dining environment for locals and visitors alike. They select […]
- Gino’s Burgers Gino’s Burger American Grilled 100% Satisfaction…
100% Pure Lean Beef 150 grams
100% Always FRESH never FROZEN
100% Charcoal Grilled
100% ALL American
Regular Burger P80
Jr Burger P60
Giant Burger […]
- Pearl Farm Beach Resort Within the deep Southern Mindanao, based inside the Land of Wonderful Promise, is a Tropical Paradise, a place with natural charms, Davao. The new destination on the South, Davao City is only an hour-and-twenty five minute plane ride away […]
- Golden Star Flower Shop Golden Star Flower Shop is a reliable and innovative organization, aims to offer not just quality products, results and services to its client but also an experience that is worth to be treasured in every event it will cater. Further, it […]
- Kalye Ann-Rie’s Grill & Brew
The new restaurant, a venture of business partners Marie Tan and Ann Ramos
Kalye Ann-Rie's is a semi-fine dining restaurant which offers Western food. Aside from baby back ribs, the resto also serves pizza, pasta, pancake, paella and […]
- Bon Chon Bon Chon has finally opened its FIRST BRANCH in MINDANAO, DAVAO CITY located at SM City Davao, ANNEX building
Super crispy yet light and not greasy. Hot moist juicy meat. Addicitive soy garlic or spicy glaze. The original Korean […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us