The rich cultural heritage of Davao stems from your unique groups and tribes that populated the area throughout its history. For those interested, the finest way to study about them is by going on the Davao Museum.
The Davao Museum is situated some 12 kilometers (about 7.5 miles) from your heart in the city, and is located near the Davao International airport. This makes it an ideal stop for tourists and travelers.
The museum itself has two floors, and showcases the extremely finest of its culture and crafts. In specific the handicraft, instruments and way of life with the several tribes are presented there. These include the Mandaya, B’laan, Tiboli, Manobo, Mansaka and Baghobo tribes.
When you enter the Davao Museum among the first things that will catch your eye is the timeline, or chronology of historical events of your province. It commences in the earliest archaeological findings, on the settlements with the different indigenous peoples, up for the present day.
The highlight with the Davao Museum are the showcase pieces featuring the assorted artifacts from your various peoples and historical periods. These range from tribal clothing, handicrafts, pottery, jars and vases (referred to as Martaban)!!! You will discover also numerous pieces of jewelry that 1 can look at. In other words, all of the crafts from the ancient peoples you will probably be able to examine and study about.
In addition, there is a large gallery of artwork inside the museum. These include, but are not limited to, ceramics, sculptures and carvings of all the various groups and peoples which have lived in Davao. There is also a wide array of musical tools dating from your ancient times on display.
The Davao Museum also contains a big number of archaeological discoveries and artifacts that have been unearthed not just within the province but in many parts of Mindanao. You will discover also various products that came in the belongings of some with the city’s founding fathers.
Finally there is really a souvenir shop proper in the Davao Museum where it is possible to purchase products, personally made by the local tribes. Nearby you might also see the women with the a variety of tribes engaged in weaving inside the T’Boli Weaving Center. Contructing the cloth from your abaca plants, the work showcases the various myths and legends associated with each tribe.
Open Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm (Monday to Saturday)
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
- BPI Through the years, BPI has been a beacon of financial confidence. Its strong heritage in responsible banking is evidenced by the many accolades the Bank has gained both from industry experts and ordinary customers. Now, at a time of […]
- Outland Adventure in Davao City Outland Adventure is owned and operated by Project Challenge Foundation Inc. The foundation was established by a group of folks committed to supply a life changing program for the thousands of youth in Davao City making use of a […]
- Gap Farm Resort in Davao Out within the countryside of Davao Metropolis, far from the hustle and bustle of daily metropolis life and from complex modernity could be the Philippine Gap Farm Vacation resort. Quiet and rural, not a few men and women have identified […]
- Kadayawan sa Dabaw 2012 Official Calendar of Events Kadayawan sa Dabaw 2012 official logo. Photo by http://on.fb.me/yeCH5q The Kadayawan sa Dabaw 2012 fever is officially on! The local government of Davao City has released the official calendar of events for this year's Kadayawan […]
- How to get to Davao By Air he Davao International Airport, also known as Francisco Bangoy International Airport, is the principal link to the Davao region from other countries and the rest of the islands. It is the busiest airport in Southern […]
- Davao Festivals and Fiestas – Madayaw Dabaw! * Kadayawan Festival – 3rd week of August a weeklong celebration and thanksgiving for nature’s bountiful harvest that happens on the 3rd week of August. * Musikahan Festival of Tagum City Musikahan Festival of Tagum City can be a […]
- People’s Park of Davao City Whenever you're from the city and still wandering around, don't miss the opportunity to ask your relatives or friends to make a stopover towards the ever famous recreational spot from the downtown area. It’s one in the bests that Davao […]
- Philippine Eagle Foundation The Philippine Eagle (Pithecophaga jefferyi) is really a giant forest raptor endemic towards the Philippines. It truly is considered one particular of your largest and most powerful eagles within the world. Unfortunately, it's also 1 of […]
- SM Lanang Premier Cinema: 3D/2D IMAX Theater in DAVAO SM Cinema Brings the IMAX Experience to Davao
SM Cinema, the country’s leading film exhibitor, continues its quest to elevate this country’s cinematic experience by bringing in state-of-the-art theater technology. Introducing the IMAX […]
- Davao Crocodile Park Thought of as one of the finest tourist attractions in Davao, Philippines, Davao Crocodile Park store boasts 1000's of its self-nurtured Crocodiles as nicely as a wide selection of flora and fauna. It really is a residence on the tamed […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us