Japanese Tunnel in Davao
Tags: historical landmark, historical landmarks in Davao, Japanese soldiers, Japanese Tunnel, Japanese Tunnel in Davao, Japanese tunnels, Tunnel in Davao
There are actually lots of historical landmarks in Davao, but few have captured the public imagination quite like the Japanese Tunnel.
Although there is numerous of those tunnels in Davao, the most famous is the 1 on the D’ Japanese Tunnel Family Resort (Matina Balusong, Diversion Road, Davao Metropolis,) For a small quantity ($1.25) you’ll get a guided tour from the popular Japanese Tunnel.
As you approach the tunnel, among the initial things that you can see are attractive statues, together with that of a Planet War II Japanese soldier and a Japanese woman clad in a kimono. Throughout the tunnel you can expect to also locate quite a lot of statues of Japanese soldiers too.
The Japanese Tunnel itself is simply not that long per se (only about 300 meters, or a thousand feet), but you can find many locations there that will take you farther. But, tourists are not allowed to go there simply because it is not owned by the proprietors.
Guided by the installed lighting, you will be led by your guide to a bunch of steps in which you will see the a lot of different weaponry, water banker, and offices for the Japanese soldiers. Also, there are many chapels there, which includes 1 exactly where a copy in the Golden Buddha may be seen. As you go deeper into the Japanese Tunnel, you undoubtedly will come upon vintage machine guns, bombs, explosives and a great deal of ammo and bullets.
Interestingly, there have been lots of gold molders identified in the Japanese Tunnel. Whether this meant the soldiers stocked up gold from the tunnel, or were being digging for some, shouldn’t be clear, but definitely adds towards the fascination inside area.
There are actually a bunch of of those tunnels within the many different diversion roads all over Davao City, including Maa and Mintal. The reason for this is that during World War II, the Japanese located the use of tunnels as an effective means of transporting their equipment and mobilizing their forces, as it made it even more difficult for the Americans to locate them.
According towards the reports, some of those tunnels used to be long, some going on for several kilometers. Even further, there have been also areas where by they would crisscross and intersect.
These Japanese tunnels ended up being produced making use of manual labor, and thousands of Filipinos were utilized as slaves to dig and excavate the tunnels. After the war, most of these tunnels were destroyed as the metropolis was rehabilitated. However, a couple of were preserved and became the tourist spot and historical landmarks they are today.
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
- SM Lanang Premier Cinema: 3D/2D IMAX Theater in DAVAO SM Cinema Brings the IMAX Experience to Davao
SM Cinema, the country’s leading film exhibitor, continues its quest to elevate this country’s cinematic experience by bringing in state-of-the-art theater technology. Introducing the IMAX […]
- BPI Through the years, BPI has been a beacon of financial confidence. Its strong heritage in responsible banking is evidenced by the many accolades the Bank has gained both from industry experts and ordinary customers.
Now, at a time of […]
- Jack’s Ridge History
The land on which Jack's Ridge now stand as soon as formed part of your headquarter from the retreating Japanese forces towards the end in the World War II. The Americans had landed in Davao on Might 1, 1945, forcing the […]
- Outland Adventure in Davao City Outland Adventure is owned and operated by Project Challenge Foundation Inc.
The foundation was established by a group of folks committed to supply a life changing program for the thousands of youth in Davao City making use of a […]
- Gap Farm Resort in Davao Out within the countryside of Davao Metropolis, far from the hustle and bustle of daily metropolis life and from complex modernity could be the Philippine Gap Farm Vacation resort. Quiet and rural, not a few men and women have identified […]
- People’s Park of Davao City Whenever you're from the city and still wandering around, don't miss the opportunity to ask your relatives or friends to make a stopover towards the ever famous recreational spot from the downtown area. It’s one in the bests that Davao […]
- Cafe Demitasse If you are looking for a new place to hang out, this is the perfect place for you! We have the right ambiance, great coffee, cakes to satisfy your sweet tooth and good food to fill your tummy!
727 F. Torres Street, 8000 […]
- Davao Crocodile Park Thought of as one of the finest tourist attractions in Davao, Philippines, Davao Crocodile Park store boasts 1000's of its self-nurtured Crocodiles as nicely as a wide selection of flora and fauna. It really is a residence on the tamed […]
- Philippine Eagle Foundation The Philippine Eagle (Pithecophaga jefferyi) is really a giant forest raptor endemic towards the Philippines. It truly is considered one particular of your largest and most powerful eagles within the world. Unfortunately, it's also 1 of […]
- Davao Museum The rich cultural heritage of Davao stems from your unique groups and tribes that populated the area throughout its history. For those interested, the finest way to study about them is by going on the Davao Museum.
The Davao Museum is […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us