The rich cultural heritage of Davao stems from your unique groups and tribes that populated the area throughout its history. For those interested, the finest way to study about them is by going on the Davao Museum.
The Davao Museum is situated some 12 kilometers (about 7.5 miles) from your heart in the city, and is located near the Davao International airport. This makes it an ideal stop for tourists and travelers.
The museum itself has two floors, and showcases the extremely finest of its culture and crafts. In specific the handicraft, instruments and way of life with the several tribes are presented there. These include the Mandaya, B’laan, Tiboli, Manobo, Mansaka and Baghobo tribes.
When you enter the Davao Museum among the first things that will catch your eye is the timeline, or chronology of historical events of your province. It commences in the earliest archaeological findings, on the settlements with the different indigenous peoples, up for the present day.
The highlight with the Davao Museum are the showcase pieces featuring the assorted artifacts from your various peoples and historical periods. These range from tribal clothing, handicrafts, pottery, jars and vases (referred to as Martaban)!!! You will discover also numerous pieces of jewelry that 1 can look at. In other words, all of the crafts from the ancient peoples you will probably be able to examine and study about.
In addition, there is a large gallery of artwork inside the museum. These include, but are not limited to, ceramics, sculptures and carvings of all the various groups and peoples which have lived in Davao. There is also a wide array of musical tools dating from your ancient times on display.
The Davao Museum also contains a big number of archaeological discoveries and artifacts that have been unearthed not just within the province but in many parts of Mindanao. You will discover also various products that came in the belongings of some with the city’s founding fathers.
Finally there is really a souvenir shop proper in the Davao Museum where it is possible to purchase products, personally made by the local tribes. Nearby you might also see the women with the a variety of tribes engaged in weaving inside the T’Boli Weaving Center. Contructing the cloth from your abaca plants, the work showcases the various myths and legends associated with each tribe.
Open Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm (Monday to Saturday)
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
- Holiday Gym and Spa Keeping fit is not just a hobby but a way of life. This is why we have dedicated ourselves to people who know that the real strength they get from staying fit is the feeling it gives them inside.
At Holiday Gym and Spa we want you to […]
- Davao Doctor’s Hospital Davao doctors Hospital is a privately-owned, tertiary level and multi-specialty hospital located inside heart of Davao City, Philippines. Founded in 1969, today it is the largest and most modern hospital from the Island of Mindanao, with […]
- Microtel Inn and Suites in Davao Davao Metropolis is synonymous with 1 word - culture.
Exemplifying the mix of diverse traditions that make the city all the much more attractive to tourists, Davao City can also be positioning itself as the cyber city of Southern […]
- Hola España We bring you to an outstanding and vibrant taste of Spain only at Hola España.A deli-restaurant that provides authentic Spanish cuisine, a variety of cold-cuts, cheese, wines, olive oil, hams (including Serrano and Iberico), sausages and […]
- Sevenseas and NineSigns
SEVENSEAS AND NINESIGNS derived from 2 words;
SEVENSEAS: The phrase "Seven Seas" (as in the idiom "sail the Seven Seas") can refer either to a particular set of seven seas or be used as an expression for all the world's oceans in […]
- Riley Simon Grilled Burger & Ribs Hungry?
Satisfy your burger & ribs craving with Riley Simon Grilled Burger & Ribs!
Our burgers are 6 inches in diameter, made to match your taste. Grilled Beef Patties topped with your preferred ingredients - from tomatoes, […]
- Golden Star Flower Shop Golden Star Flower Shop is a reliable and innovative organization, aims to offer not just quality products, results and services to its client but also an experience that is worth to be treasured in every event it will cater. Further, it […]
- Peri-Peri Charcoal Chicken Peri-Peri Charcoal Chicken, a new restaurant that serves chicken, pasta and pizza, located at SM Annex Davao
Grilled Chicken that is cooked in Portuguese style, you could also choose from their three different flavos: Hot, Mild, and […]
- Kaizen Davao: Japanese Street Dining
"Food was served hot and tasteful! The cue for the customers were conducted in a orderly manner. Servers were clean and courteous. The katsudon was juicy and not too sweet.
The Price is reasonable. Owners are accommodating, friendly […]
- Emars Wavepool The very First Wavepool in Davao! Experience the biggest wave that will hit your way while on swimming!
Emars wavepool,hotel and restaurant has every thing you'll need to get a fun-tastic getaway. Our hotel amenities and solutions […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us