The rich cultural heritage of Davao stems from your unique groups and tribes that populated the area throughout its history. For those interested, the finest way to study about them is by going on the Davao Museum.
The Davao Museum is situated some 12 kilometers (about 7.5 miles) from your heart in the city, and is located near the Davao International airport. This makes it an ideal stop for tourists and travelers.
The museum itself has two floors, and showcases the extremely finest of its culture and crafts. In specific the handicraft, instruments and way of life with the several tribes are presented there. These include the Mandaya, B’laan, Tiboli, Manobo, Mansaka and Baghobo tribes.
When you enter the Davao Museum among the first things that will catch your eye is the timeline, or chronology of historical events of your province. It commences in the earliest archaeological findings, on the settlements with the different indigenous peoples, up for the present day.
The highlight with the Davao Museum are the showcase pieces featuring the assorted artifacts from your various peoples and historical periods. These range from tribal clothing, handicrafts, pottery, jars and vases (referred to as Martaban)!!! You will discover also numerous pieces of jewelry that 1 can look at. In other words, all of the crafts from the ancient peoples you will probably be able to examine and study about.
In addition, there is a large gallery of artwork inside the museum. These include, but are not limited to, ceramics, sculptures and carvings of all the various groups and peoples which have lived in Davao. There is also a wide array of musical tools dating from your ancient times on display.
The Davao Museum also contains a big number of archaeological discoveries and artifacts that have been unearthed not just within the province but in many parts of Mindanao. You will discover also various products that came in the belongings of some with the city’s founding fathers.
Finally there is really a souvenir shop proper in the Davao Museum where it is possible to purchase products, personally made by the local tribes. Nearby you might also see the women with the a variety of tribes engaged in weaving inside the T’Boli Weaving Center. Contructing the cloth from your abaca plants, the work showcases the various myths and legends associated with each tribe.
Open Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm (Monday to Saturday)
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
- Davao Beaches Davao beaches are amid the finest within the nation. Davao, getting bounded by a coastline along the Davao Gulf area, is blessed with seashore fronts that mostly boast of stretches of white-sandy areas and clear blue waters rich with […]
- Tutti Frutti (Frozen Yogurt)
Eating any dessert after meals has been a routine for me and my meal would not be complete without it. I love desserts, that's why I love Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt. It is a good thing that frozen yogurts are now the latest craze […]
- Kikokeki: Best Fluffy Cheesecake in Davao City
"Guaranteed to satisfy the most ardent cheesecake fan out there. The taste is simply the best..."
Light and wiggly, kikokeki Fluffy Cheesecake is a delicious gift for a real cheesecake lover. It's a melt-in-your-mouth combination […]
- Brokenshire College Brokenshire College is committed to present value-oriented Christian Education by way of continuous improvement and total involvement for customer satisfaction.
Brokenshire College is the leading learning and transforming […]
- Lachi’s Davao If you would like to indulge your sweet tooth, Lachi’s is certainly the location to visit. It's Davao City’s personal quaint small resto.
You are in a position to begin off your sumptuous Lachi’s encounter by selecting 1 of […]
- Confex & Co. Bakehouse in Davao City
"Great place to get coffee, cupcakes and freakshakes! The cupcakes are AMAZINGGGG. The red velvet and perfect chocolate cupcakes are our faves! They are so moist and rich and not too dense. "
Dreaming. To open a neighborhood […]
- Events by EC King by Four J Kings Event Planner Services – Coordination – Event Catering – Decorator in Davao City Owned and Managed by Eva Corcino, Events by EC King aims to be the premier provider of catering, food service needs, party decors, photo and video coverage. Boasting of collective experiences in the event industry, the Events by EC King […]
- Upstairs Rooftop Bar + Kitchen Upstairs Rooftop Bar + Kitchen is located a mere two minutes’ walk from NCCC Mall Maa. Situated at the top of ERLOOM BUILDING, DBP Village, Maa Road, Matina, it is perfect for a relaxed dinner, and customarily vibrant early evening. The […]
- Microtel Inn and Suites in Davao Davao Metropolis is synonymous with 1 word - culture.
Exemplifying the mix of diverse traditions that make the city all the much more attractive to tourists, Davao City can also be positioning itself as the cyber city of Southern […]
- Paradise Beach Dive Site in Davao Should you love diving, you might be most likely curious about the a variety of diving sites in Davao. You will discover truly many websites in Davao, a single of which is the Paradise Beach front dive web page. It truly is located in one […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us