The rich cultural heritage of Davao stems from your unique groups and tribes that populated the area throughout its history. For those interested, the finest way to study about them is by going on the Davao Museum.
The Davao Museum is situated some 12 kilometers (about 7.5 miles) from your heart in the city, and is located near the Davao International airport. This makes it an ideal stop for tourists and travelers.
The museum itself has two floors, and showcases the extremely finest of its culture and crafts. In specific the handicraft, instruments and way of life with the several tribes are presented there. These include the Mandaya, B’laan, Tiboli, Manobo, Mansaka and Baghobo tribes.
When you enter the Davao Museum among the first things that will catch your eye is the timeline, or chronology of historical events of your province. It commences in the earliest archaeological findings, on the settlements with the different indigenous peoples, up for the present day.
The highlight with the Davao Museum are the showcase pieces featuring the assorted artifacts from your various peoples and historical periods. These range from tribal clothing, handicrafts, pottery, jars and vases (referred to as Martaban)!!! You will discover also numerous pieces of jewelry that 1 can look at. In other words, all of the crafts from the ancient peoples you will probably be able to examine and study about.
In addition, there is a large gallery of artwork inside the museum. These include, but are not limited to, ceramics, sculptures and carvings of all the various groups and peoples which have lived in Davao. There is also a wide array of musical tools dating from your ancient times on display.
The Davao Museum also contains a big number of archaeological discoveries and artifacts that have been unearthed not just within the province but in many parts of Mindanao. You will discover also various products that came in the belongings of some with the city’s founding fathers.
Finally there is really a souvenir shop proper in the Davao Museum where it is possible to purchase products, personally made by the local tribes. Nearby you might also see the women with the a variety of tribes engaged in weaving inside the T’Boli Weaving Center. Contructing the cloth from your abaca plants, the work showcases the various myths and legends associated with each tribe.
Open Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm (Monday to Saturday)
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
CHEESYMADAS is a start up business owned and operated by Valerie M. Te. She is a self-taught baker mom since she got married and had her first child. She is well known for her passion in baking for her three beautiful daughters that led […]
- Banana Leaf Asian Café in Davao Aside from beautiful resorts and hotels, Davao City is also popular for high-class eateries that serve delectable dishes. A lot of eateries inside the metropolis offer sumptuous Asian dishes. Hence, to beat other eating places and to […]
- Aling Fopings Halo-halo This Halo-halo stand is in a relaxing region inside the garden of Matina Town Square.
They have the most addictive Halo-halo (shaved ice with milk, sugar and various sweetened fruits, beans, etc.)! The greatest thing is, you get to […]
- Hog’s Breath Cafe SM Lanang Premier Davao, Philippines UPDATES: They are currently closed..
“There are many things we've never done, but we ain’t never had too much fun”, so the Hog’s Breath slogan goes. It’s an expression of a philosophy that has made Hog’s Breath a tear away success […]
- Jeong Gane Korean Restaurant
Whether you are new to Korean food or a Korean food fanatic, you will find something you like from the menu items they offer. With definitive flexibility in terms of meat selections or vegetarian varieties, as well as spiciness […]
- California Diner, Davao Bringing you the West Coast taste...Classic American burgers, tacos, fajitas, nachos, chili dogs, fries, shakes, and even rice toppings!
Location Jacinto Extention and F. Torres, 8000 Davao City
Mon - Sat: 10:00 am - 1:00 […]
- 105.9 MixFm Davao
We are Davao City's Top Choice for a better Radio Experience. Our compelling
passion to offer innovative, creative, sensible, and globally competitive radio
for today's Davaoeno is our EDGE.
Phone #: (082)3055061, […]
- Gap Farm Resort in Davao Out within the countryside of Davao Metropolis, far from the hustle and bustle of daily metropolis life and from complex modernity could be the Philippine Gap Farm Vacation resort. Quiet and rural, not a few men and women have identified […]
- Gino’s Burgers Gino’s Burger American Grilled 100% Satisfaction…
100% Pure Lean Beef 150 grams
100% Always FRESH never FROZEN
100% Charcoal Grilled
100% ALL American
Regular Burger P80
Jr Burger P60
Giant Burger […]
- SM Lanang Premier Cinema: 3D/2D IMAX Theater in DAVAO SM Cinema Brings the IMAX Experience to Davao
SM Cinema, the country’s leading film exhibitor, continues its quest to elevate this country’s cinematic experience by bringing in state-of-the-art theater technology. Introducing the IMAX […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us