The rich cultural heritage of Davao stems from your unique groups and tribes that populated the area throughout its history. For those interested, the finest way to study about them is by going on the Davao Museum.
The Davao Museum is situated some 12 kilometers (about 7.5 miles) from your heart in the city, and is located near the Davao International airport. This makes it an ideal stop for tourists and travelers.
The museum itself has two floors, and showcases the extremely finest of its culture and crafts. In specific the handicraft, instruments and way of life with the several tribes are presented there. These include the Mandaya, B’laan, Tiboli, Manobo, Mansaka and Baghobo tribes.
When you enter the Davao Museum among the first things that will catch your eye is the timeline, or chronology of historical events of your province. It commences in the earliest archaeological findings, on the settlements with the different indigenous peoples, up for the present day.
The highlight with the Davao Museum are the showcase pieces featuring the assorted artifacts from your various peoples and historical periods. These range from tribal clothing, handicrafts, pottery, jars and vases (referred to as Martaban)!!! You will discover also numerous pieces of jewelry that 1 can look at. In other words, all of the crafts from the ancient peoples you will probably be able to examine and study about.
In addition, there is a large gallery of artwork inside the museum. These include, but are not limited to, ceramics, sculptures and carvings of all the various groups and peoples which have lived in Davao. There is also a wide array of musical tools dating from your ancient times on display.
The Davao Museum also contains a big number of archaeological discoveries and artifacts that have been unearthed not just within the province but in many parts of Mindanao. You will discover also various products that came in the belongings of some with the city’s founding fathers.
Finally there is really a souvenir shop proper in the Davao Museum where it is possible to purchase products, personally made by the local tribes. Nearby you might also see the women with the a variety of tribes engaged in weaving inside the T’Boli Weaving Center. Contructing the cloth from your abaca plants, the work showcases the various myths and legends associated with each tribe.
Open Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm (Monday to Saturday)
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
- John Gorre Photo & Films – Photographer in Davao John Gorre Photo & Films Services is an top-notch Photoshoot services in Davao that offers a wide variety of custom photography services including weddings, lifestyle, engagement sessions and portrait. It’s talented team of artists […]
- Malagos Garden Resort Brgy. Malagos in Calinan, Davao, Philippines isn't just a dwelling of your Philippine Eagle Center in which it housed the Endangered Philippine Eagles. It really is also exactly where the popular Malagos Garden Destination is […]
- Ateneo de Davao University Ateneo de Davao University is really a premiere Filipino, Catholic and Jesuit College founded by the Philippine Province with the Society of Jesus in year 1948 which aims to establish a standard of excellence in academic and spiritual […]
- Upstairs Rooftop Bar + Kitchen Upstairs Rooftop Bar + Kitchen is located a mere two minutes’ walk from NCCC Mall Maa. Situated at the top of ERLOOM BUILDING, DBP Village, Maa Road, Matina, it is perfect for a relaxed dinner, and customarily vibrant early evening. The […]
- Riley Simon Grilled Burger & Ribs Hungry?
Satisfy your burger & ribs craving with Riley Simon Grilled Burger & Ribs!
Our burgers are 6 inches in diameter, made to match your taste. Grilled Beef Patties topped with your preferred ingredients - from tomatoes, […]
- SM Lanang Premier Cinema: 3D/2D IMAX Theater in DAVAO SM Cinema Brings the IMAX Experience to Davao
SM Cinema, the country’s leading film exhibitor, continues its quest to elevate this country’s cinematic experience by bringing in state-of-the-art theater technology. Introducing the IMAX […]
- The Apo View Hotel Davao’s most popular address, The Apo View, has by means of the last 60 years, developed a distinct brand of hospitality and excellence in service matched with the perfect blend of amenities for business and […]
- Lachi’s Davao If you would like to indulge your sweet tooth, Lachi’s is certainly the location to visit. It's Davao City’s personal quaint small resto.
You are in a position to begin off your sumptuous Lachi’s encounter by selecting 1 of […]
- Pohoda Spa and Sauna
"Expect the Unexpected.. the best massage in town."
Are you suffering from discomfort or pain? Is life causing you to need some rejuvenation or some relaxation to help you make it through the day or through the week perhaps? Have you […]
- PINK Sisters (Adoration Sisters) The Congregation (SSpSAp i.e. Congregatio Servarum Spiritus Sancti de Adoratione perpetua) was founded by Blessed Arnold Janssen on December 8, 1896, in the village of Steyl, Holland with the assistance of Blessed Maria Virgo and […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us