Philippine Eagle Foundation
Tags: parks, Philippine Eagle, Philippine Eagle Center, Philippine Eagle Foundation, recreations
The Philippine Eagle (Pithecophaga jefferyi) is really a giant forest raptor endemic towards the Philippines. It truly is considered one particular of your largest and most powerful eagles within the world. Unfortunately, it’s also 1 of your world’s rarest and certainly among its most critical endangered vertebrate species. The eagle is recognized to be geographically restricted to the islands of Luzon, Samar, Leyte and Mindanao.
The Middle is house to 36 Philippine Eagles, 18 of which are captive-bred. It also houses ten other species of birds, 4 species of mammals and 2 species of reptiles. Simulating a tropical rain forest environment, the Heart provides the visitor a glimpse into the country’s forest ecosystem. Even though the exhibits are applied primarily to aid educate the Filipino people on conservation, the facility is also thought to be a major tourist attraction in Davao Metropolis.
How to get there
The Philippine Eagle Center (PEC) is about an hour drive from the city and could be reached either by private or public transport. Buses heading to Calinan depart every 15 minutes from the Annil Terminal located at corner Quirino and San Pedro Extension. Bus fare is at P30. From Calinan, take a pedicab heading to the PEC. The ride is about ten minutes and will cost you P6. Before entering the PEC premises, the Davao Metropolis Water District will collect an entrance charge of P5 for adults and P3 for children. PEC entrance costs P50 for adults and P30 for youth, 18 years old and beneath. Tour guiding and the use of kiosks are free of charge.
Guests are charged a nominal charge to enter the facility. The proceeds are applied to support in situ and ex situ conservation actions of your PEF.
Adults – P50
Youth (18 years old and beneath) – P30
Traveling time from the City Proper to Malagos
45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on traffic
Tours and Reservations
Tour guiding at the Philippine Eagle Heart is free of charge. It’s advisable that visitors call the PEF office and book in advance to ensure the availability of tour guides during their pay a visit to.
School groups with at least 30 students will probably be given a 10% discount. Even so, the group ought to need to pre-book their pay a visit to and have to pay in advance at the PEF Office (see Contact Page) to avail of this offer. Family groups of ten are also provided with the same privilege.
The Philippine Eagle Center is open from 8 in the morning until 5 inside afternoon daily, including holidays.
Office : VAL Learning Village, Ruby St., Marfori Heights,
Davao City 8000 Philippines
Telephone : (+63 82) 224-3021
Telefax : (+63 82) 224-3022
Email : email@example.com
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
- People’s Park of Davao City Whenever you're from the city and still wandering around, don't miss the opportunity to ask your relatives or friends to make a stopover towards the ever famous recreational spot from the downtown area. It’s one in the bests that Davao […]
- Malagos Garden Resort Brgy. Malagos in Calinan, Davao, Philippines isn't just a dwelling of your Philippine Eagle Center in which it housed the Endangered Philippine Eagles. It really is also exactly where the popular Malagos Garden Destination is […]
- SM Lanang Premier Cinema: 3D/2D IMAX Theater in DAVAO SM Cinema Brings the IMAX Experience to Davao
SM Cinema, the country’s leading film exhibitor, continues its quest to elevate this country’s cinematic experience by bringing in state-of-the-art theater technology. Introducing the IMAX […]
- Davao Crocodile Park Thought of as one of the finest tourist attractions in Davao, Philippines, Davao Crocodile Park store boasts 1000's of its self-nurtured Crocodiles as nicely as a wide selection of flora and fauna. It really is a residence on the tamed […]
- St. Jude Thaddeus Parish Church St. Jude Thaddeus Parish is situated in the southwest bend with the City of Davao at General Malvar Street. This parish was utilized to become a component with the San Pedro Cathedral; and claimed a membership of about 20,000 […]
- Gap Farm Resort in Davao Out within the countryside of Davao Metropolis, far from the hustle and bustle of daily metropolis life and from complex modernity could be the Philippine Gap Farm Vacation resort. Quiet and rural, not a few men and women have identified […]
- Amaranthus Garden Massage and SPA To give clients satisfaction through our quality massage and SPA services
To produce a highly trained therapist, and to give a job to many people all over the Philippines.... Our vision is to have a Branch Anywhere in the […]
- San Pedro College The SPC Vision and Mission Statement
The San Pedro College is a Catholic Institution of learning dedicated to the Christian education of the people of Davao and its neighboring regions. It is It is own and managed by the […]
- San Pedro Hospital San Pedro Hospital is a catholic non-stock, non-profit, training institution committed to the care of the sick and also the poor, the education of well being professionals as well as the delivery of high quality well being care to […]
- Pearl Farm Beach Resort Within the deep Southern Mindanao, based inside the Land of Wonderful Promise, is a Tropical Paradise, a place with natural charms, Davao. The new destination on the South, Davao City is only an hour-and-twenty five minute plane ride away […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us