Philippine Eagle Foundation
Tags: parks, Philippine Eagle, Philippine Eagle Center, Philippine Eagle Foundation, recreations
The Philippine Eagle (Pithecophaga jefferyi) is really a giant forest raptor endemic towards the Philippines. It truly is considered one particular of your largest and most powerful eagles within the world. Unfortunately, it’s also 1 of your world’s rarest and certainly among its most critical endangered vertebrate species. The eagle is recognized to be geographically restricted to the islands of Luzon, Samar, Leyte and Mindanao.
The Middle is house to 36 Philippine Eagles, 18 of which are captive-bred. It also houses ten other species of birds, 4 species of mammals and 2 species of reptiles. Simulating a tropical rain forest environment, the Heart provides the visitor a glimpse into the country’s forest ecosystem. Even though the exhibits are applied primarily to aid educate the Filipino people on conservation, the facility is also thought to be a major tourist attraction in Davao Metropolis.
How to get there
The Philippine Eagle Center (PEC) is about an hour drive from the city and could be reached either by private or public transport. Buses heading to Calinan depart every 15 minutes from the Annil Terminal located at corner Quirino and San Pedro Extension. Bus fare is at P30. From Calinan, take a pedicab heading to the PEC. The ride is about ten minutes and will cost you P6. Before entering the PEC premises, the Davao Metropolis Water District will collect an entrance charge of P5 for adults and P3 for children. PEC entrance costs P50 for adults and P30 for youth, 18 years old and beneath. Tour guiding and the use of kiosks are free of charge.
Guests are charged a nominal charge to enter the facility. The proceeds are applied to support in situ and ex situ conservation actions of your PEF.
Adults – P50
Youth (18 years old and beneath) – P30
Traveling time from the City Proper to Malagos
45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on traffic
Tours and Reservations
Tour guiding at the Philippine Eagle Heart is free of charge. It’s advisable that visitors call the PEF office and book in advance to ensure the availability of tour guides during their pay a visit to.
School groups with at least 30 students will probably be given a 10% discount. Even so, the group ought to need to pre-book their pay a visit to and have to pay in advance at the PEF Office (see Contact Page) to avail of this offer. Family groups of ten are also provided with the same privilege.
The Philippine Eagle Center is open from 8 in the morning until 5 inside afternoon daily, including holidays.
Office : VAL Learning Village, Ruby St., Marfori Heights,
Davao City 8000 Philippines
Telephone : (+63 82) 224-3021
Telefax : (+63 82) 224-3022
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
- Malagos Garden Resort Brgy. Malagos in Calinan, Davao, Philippines isn't just a dwelling of your Philippine Eagle Center in which it housed the Endangered Philippine Eagles. It really is also exactly where the popular Malagos Garden Destination is […]
- People’s Park of Davao City Whenever you're from the city and still wandering around, don't miss the opportunity to ask your relatives or friends to make a stopover towards the ever famous recreational spot from the downtown area. It’s one in the bests that Davao […]
- TSAA: Best IELTS Review Center in Davao
The Study Aide Avenue is a review center that offers intensive IELTS review services to both Filipino and foreign students in the Philippines. We stand out among the rest of the IELTS review centers in the […]
- Microtel Inn and Suites in Davao Davao Metropolis is synonymous with 1 word - culture.
Exemplifying the mix of diverse traditions that make the city all the much more attractive to tourists, Davao City can also be positioning itself as the cyber city of Southern […]
- Golden Star Flower Shop Golden Star Flower Shop is a reliable and innovative organization, aims to offer not just quality products, results and services to its client but also an experience that is worth to be treasured in every event it will cater. Further, it […]
- Good Sign Tutorial Driving Academy
# 1 Driving School in Davao City
Offers teaching to help drivers drive confidently but safely using their best decision at all times. We know that younger students acquire driving skills differently and more easily compared to […]
- Aling Fopings Halo-halo This Halo-halo stand is in a relaxing region inside the garden of Matina Town Square.
They have the most addictive Halo-halo (shaved ice with milk, sugar and various sweetened fruits, beans, etc.)! The greatest thing is, you get to […]
- Mandarin Tea Garden in Davao A single in the most successful food service providers inside Philippines nowadays, Mandarin Tea Garden offers sumptuous servings of super delicious Filipino and Chinese cuisines in six diverse branches scattered all more than the City of […]
- RD Crab Shack Davao City – Best Paluto All You Can in Davao City
"We love seafood and this place is awesome, fantastic service, beautiful food menus and good pricing. Just wonderful and highly recommend. Great for couples, birthdays, families, celebrations, seminars and corporate […]
- Jeong Gane Korean Restaurant
Whether you are new to Korean food or a Korean food fanatic, you will find something you like from the menu items they offer. With definitive flexibility in terms of meat selections or vegetarian varieties, as well as spiciness […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us