Philippine Eagle Foundation
Tags: parks, Philippine Eagle, Philippine Eagle Center, Philippine Eagle Foundation, recreations
The Philippine Eagle (Pithecophaga jefferyi) is really a giant forest raptor endemic towards the Philippines. It truly is considered one particular of your largest and most powerful eagles within the world. Unfortunately, it’s also 1 of your world’s rarest and certainly among its most critical endangered vertebrate species. The eagle is recognized to be geographically restricted to the islands of Luzon, Samar, Leyte and Mindanao.
The Middle is house to 36 Philippine Eagles, 18 of which are captive-bred. It also houses ten other species of birds, 4 species of mammals and 2 species of reptiles. Simulating a tropical rain forest environment, the Heart provides the visitor a glimpse into the country’s forest ecosystem. Even though the exhibits are applied primarily to aid educate the Filipino people on conservation, the facility is also thought to be a major tourist attraction in Davao Metropolis.
How to get there
The Philippine Eagle Center (PEC) is about an hour drive from the city and could be reached either by private or public transport. Buses heading to Calinan depart every 15 minutes from the Annil Terminal located at corner Quirino and San Pedro Extension. Bus fare is at P30. From Calinan, take a pedicab heading to the PEC. The ride is about ten minutes and will cost you P6. Before entering the PEC premises, the Davao Metropolis Water District will collect an entrance charge of P5 for adults and P3 for children. PEC entrance costs P50 for adults and P30 for youth, 18 years old and beneath. Tour guiding and the use of kiosks are free of charge.
Guests are charged a nominal charge to enter the facility. The proceeds are applied to support in situ and ex situ conservation actions of your PEF.
Adults – P50
Youth (18 years old and beneath) – P30
Traveling time from the City Proper to Malagos
45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on traffic
Tours and Reservations
Tour guiding at the Philippine Eagle Heart is free of charge. It’s advisable that visitors call the PEF office and book in advance to ensure the availability of tour guides during their pay a visit to.
School groups with at least 30 students will probably be given a 10% discount. Even so, the group ought to need to pre-book their pay a visit to and have to pay in advance at the PEF Office (see Contact Page) to avail of this offer. Family groups of ten are also provided with the same privilege.
The Philippine Eagle Center is open from 8 in the morning until 5 inside afternoon daily, including holidays.
Office : VAL Learning Village, Ruby St., Marfori Heights,
Davao City 8000 Philippines
Telephone : (+63 82) 224-3021
Telefax : (+63 82) 224-3022
Email : email@example.com
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
- Malagos Garden Resort Brgy. Malagos in Calinan, Davao, Philippines isn't just a dwelling of your Philippine Eagle Center in which it housed the Endangered Philippine Eagles. It really is also exactly where the popular Malagos Garden Destination is […]
- People’s Park of Davao City Whenever you're from the city and still wandering around, don't miss the opportunity to ask your relatives or friends to make a stopover towards the ever famous recreational spot from the downtown area. It’s one in the bests that Davao […]
- BOMBO RADYO LIVE IN THE WORLDWIDE WEB!!!
BOMBO RADYO DAVAO has become observed worldwide through the worldwide net send out on the net.
Generously educate family all over the world or perhaps in the actual Philippines or perhaps in any kind regarding Mindanao to pay […]
- John Gorre Photo & Films – Photographer in Davao John Gorre Photo & Films Services is an top-notch Photoshoot services in Davao that offers a wide variety of custom photography services including weddings, lifestyle, engagement sessions and portrait. It’s talented team of artists […]
- Robinsons Cybergate Davao Robinsons Land Inc. - the biggest landlord of office space, the second largest diversified real estate business inside the Philippines, and also the second largest purchasing center operator inside the country is going to build a mall in […]
- VA San Diego Studio Wedding/Newborn Photographer in Davao, Philippines
Val Adonis San Diego - Wedding and newborn photographer based in Davao City, Philippines.Being artistic since his early age, he then pursued and studied Bachelor of Fine Arts in […]
- Ateneo de Davao University Ateneo de Davao University is really a premiere Filipino, Catholic and Jesuit College founded by the Philippine Province with the Society of Jesus in year 1948 which aims to establish a standard of excellence in academic and spiritual […]
- MABUHAY TAXI Company background
First and Only Cab firm within the Philippines equipped with LED taxi toplights. Awarded Most Outstanding Taxi 2005 (Philippine Advertising Excellence Awards) 24 Hours Radio Taxi Dispatch Service in Davao […]
- Peri-Peri Charcoal Chicken Peri-Peri Charcoal Chicken, a new restaurant that serves chicken, pasta and pizza, located at SM Annex Davao
Grilled Chicken that is cooked in Portuguese style, you could also choose from their three different flavos: Hot, Mild, and […]
- St. Jude Thaddeus Parish Church St. Jude Thaddeus Parish is situated in the southwest bend with the City of Davao at General Malvar Street. This parish was utilized to become a component with the San Pedro Cathedral; and claimed a membership of about 20,000 […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us