Philippine Eagle Foundation
Tags: parks, Philippine Eagle, Philippine Eagle Center, Philippine Eagle Foundation, recreations
The Philippine Eagle (Pithecophaga jefferyi) is really a giant forest raptor endemic towards the Philippines. It truly is considered one particular of your largest and most powerful eagles within the world. Unfortunately, it’s also 1 of your world’s rarest and certainly among its most critical endangered vertebrate species. The eagle is recognized to be geographically restricted to the islands of Luzon, Samar, Leyte and Mindanao.
The Middle is house to 36 Philippine Eagles, 18 of which are captive-bred. It also houses ten other species of birds, 4 species of mammals and 2 species of reptiles. Simulating a tropical rain forest environment, the Heart provides the visitor a glimpse into the country’s forest ecosystem. Even though the exhibits are applied primarily to aid educate the Filipino people on conservation, the facility is also thought to be a major tourist attraction in Davao Metropolis.
How to get there
The Philippine Eagle Center (PEC) is about an hour drive from the city and could be reached either by private or public transport. Buses heading to Calinan depart every 15 minutes from the Annil Terminal located at corner Quirino and San Pedro Extension. Bus fare is at P30. From Calinan, take a pedicab heading to the PEC. The ride is about ten minutes and will cost you P6. Before entering the PEC premises, the Davao Metropolis Water District will collect an entrance charge of P5 for adults and P3 for children. PEC entrance costs P50 for adults and P30 for youth, 18 years old and beneath. Tour guiding and the use of kiosks are free of charge.
Guests are charged a nominal charge to enter the facility. The proceeds are applied to support in situ and ex situ conservation actions of your PEF.
Adults – P50
Youth (18 years old and beneath) – P30
Traveling time from the City Proper to Malagos
45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on traffic
Tours and Reservations
Tour guiding at the Philippine Eagle Heart is free of charge. It’s advisable that visitors call the PEF office and book in advance to ensure the availability of tour guides during their pay a visit to.
School groups with at least 30 students will probably be given a 10% discount. Even so, the group ought to need to pre-book their pay a visit to and have to pay in advance at the PEF Office (see Contact Page) to avail of this offer. Family groups of ten are also provided with the same privilege.
The Philippine Eagle Center is open from 8 in the morning until 5 inside afternoon daily, including holidays.
Office : VAL Learning Village, Ruby St., Marfori Heights,
Davao City 8000 Philippines
Telephone : (+63 82) 224-3021
Telefax : (+63 82) 224-3022
Email : email@example.com
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
- Malagos Garden Resort Brgy. Malagos in Calinan, Davao, Philippines isn't just a dwelling of your Philippine Eagle Center in which it housed the Endangered Philippine Eagles. It really is also exactly where the popular Malagos Garden Destination is […]
- People’s Park of Davao City Whenever you're from the city and still wandering around, don't miss the opportunity to ask your relatives or friends to make a stopover towards the ever famous recreational spot from the downtown area. It’s one in the bests that Davao […]
- Pohoda Spa and Sauna
"Expect the Unexpected.. the best massage in town."
Are you suffering from discomfort or pain? Is life causing you to need some rejuvenation or some relaxation to help you make it through the day or through the week perhaps? Have you […]
- Java Jive Celebrate Life, Family and Friends as JavaJive offers you a 24/7 Brewing, Seeping and Fizzing Jazz- & OPM-themed Bistro Cafe.
Location 1.18 Centron Building, Quirino Street corner Gen. Luna Street, 8000 Davao […]
- Davao medical Center (DMC) is now Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC)c Indeed, DMC is expanding and improving far more to cater to all individuals in Mindanao, not merely in Davao City.
From a 600-bed capability, the Southern Philippines Medical Center has now already a 1,200-bed ability as mandated by […]
CHEESYMADAS is a start up business owned and operated by Valerie M. Te. She is a self-taught baker mom since she got married and had her first child. She is well known for her passion in baking for her three beautiful daughters that led […]
- Davao Vehicles You can find basically three different kinds of transportation in Davao Metropolis, in addition to one particular driving his or her personal car. To experience a single of these autos, a single need to stick their finger out towards the […]
- Hog’s Breath Cafe SM Lanang Premier Davao, Philippines UPDATES: They are currently closed..
“There are many things we've never done, but we ain’t never had too much fun”, so the Hog’s Breath slogan goes. It’s an expression of a philosophy that has made Hog’s Breath a tear away success […]
- RCC Aircon Services
ADDRESS: Maa Road Pantinople Village Along the, McArthur Highway, Davao City
CALL US TODAY!
0921-7806977 / 0923-4067362
Looking for aircon installation in Davao City? Should you be a new homeowner looking for a new aircon […]
- Sevenseas and NineSigns
SEVENSEAS AND NINESIGNS derived from 2 words;
SEVENSEAS: The phrase "Seven Seas" (as in the idiom "sail the Seven Seas") can refer either to a particular set of seven seas or be used as an expression for all the world's oceans in […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us