St. Jude Thaddeus Parish Church
Tags: church in davao, davao church, Saint Jude Thaddeus Shrine, St. Jude Thaddeus, St. Jude Thaddeus Parish Church, St. Jude Thaddeus Parish Church davao
St. Jude Thaddeus Parish is situated in the southwest bend with the City of Davao at General Malvar Street. This parish was utilized to become a component with the San Pedro Cathedral; and claimed a membership of about 20,000 professed Catholics that covered the zones of Malvar, Mt. Apo and Camus Streets.Several people all via the Diocese of Davao have already been asking how the parish came about. And how St. Jude Thaddeus, a lesser acknowledged apostle, was chosen as patron saint for the parish.
The story goes back in 1964, when the late Archbishop Clovis Thibault, PME, who was then bishop of Davao, asked an extra PME priest, Fr. Paul Gravel, to open just just a little chapel in Malvar Street. When confronted using the dilemma of naming a patron saint for the chapel, Bishop Thibault recommended St. Jude Thaddeus for two elements: first, was that the bishop really had a genuine devotion towards the ‘Patron Saint of Lost Causes. And secondly, the bishop’s grandfather was truly named ‘Jude.’ So, dedicating the Chapel to St. Jude Thaddeus was also the bishop’s way of honoring the pleased memory he had with his grandfather.
Consequently, just just a little chapel was constructed just along the corner of a bowling lane owned by the Knights of Columbus. Within months, people everywhere started to treat the place as a sacred shrine. Although there was no official Church document that confirms its appellation as a ‘miraculous’ pilgrimage web site, the little chapel was then acknowledged because the Saint Jude Thaddeus Shrine.
A year later, in 1965, St. Jude Thaddeus Parish Church was officially proclaimed as an independent parish beneath the Archdiocese of Davao. Rev. Fr. Paul Gravel, PME became its initial parish priest. The parish church architecture that we’re seeing nowadays was constructed in 1975. Gradually, the parish church progressed, stone following stone, because the years went by.
All via the years, St. Jude Thaddeus Parish Church remains to become a solace not just to these that have lost hope, but a lot much more so to these that discovered God, in Jesus Christ, as their only hope,strength, and salvation.
Malvar Street, Davao City
Call or fax them at: (082) 227-5402
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
- Saint Francis of Assisi About Saint Francis of Assisi
Saint Francis of Assisi (1182-1226) was born into a wealthy family in Assisi, Italy, the son of a cloth merchant. Francis obtained little formal education and his childhood was based solely on enjoyable. […]
- San Pedro Cathedral The San Pedro Cathedral will be the oldest church in Davao City, Davao, Philippines. It was named immediately after San Pedro (Saint Peter), the patron saint of Davao. The original structure was built in 1847 throughout the Spanish period […]
- Redemptorist Church Address: JP Laurel Avenue, Davao City
Tel. No.: +63 (082) 227-6647 / 221-2245
Thursday: 2:30-4:00 pm
Saturday: 8:30 -10:00 am
Downpayment of […]
- Shrine of the Holy Infant Jesus of Prague The Shrine Hills is known for grounding the site of Shrine of the Holy Infant Jesus of Prague — a church, seminary and meditation center for the devout Catholic Christians in Davao. People go there for various reasons: to pray, to play […]
- Our Lady of the Assumption Church
At the invitation of Archbishop Clovis Thibault, P.M. E., Davao Foundation came as the third SSS foundation in the Philippines with the handing over of the administration of Our Lady of the Assumption Parish to Congregation of the […]
- Glamour Resto & Caterer Glamour is often a known restaurant and caterer in our hometown Cotabato City.
The Davao City branch was opened recently, on August 20, 2009. It can be owned and managed by Chef Rebecca Losin, and her mom, Tita Chona […]
- Lutz Building and Dormitel in Davao City
Lutz Building and Dormitel in Davao City is quite countryside because it is located along Diversion Road, Ma-a, Davao City. The ambiance is quite mountainous and you can see green trees and wide sky from your bedroom. It is 15 […]
- Firm Therapeutic Massage & Spa Firm Therapeutic Massage & Spa continuously provides high quality services at competitive prices to all of our clients. We would appreciate hearing from you, should you have any suggestions or complaints. We strive to always improve […]
- Amaranthus Garden Massage and SPA To give clients satisfaction through our quality massage and SPA services
To produce a highly trained therapist, and to give a job to many people all over the Philippines.... Our vision is to have a Branch Anywhere in the […]
- Gino’s Burgers Gino’s Burger American Grilled 100% Satisfaction…
100% Pure Lean Beef 150 grams
100% Always FRESH never FROZEN
100% Charcoal Grilled
100% ALL American
Regular Burger P80
Jr Burger P60
Giant Burger […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us