St. Jude Thaddeus Parish Church
Tags: church in davao, davao church, Saint Jude Thaddeus Shrine, St. Jude Thaddeus, St. Jude Thaddeus Parish Church, St. Jude Thaddeus Parish Church davao
St. Jude Thaddeus Parish is situated in the southwest bend with the City of Davao at General Malvar Street. This parish was utilized to become a component with the San Pedro Cathedral; and claimed a membership of about 20,000 professed Catholics that covered the zones of Malvar, Mt. Apo and Camus Streets.Several people all via the Diocese of Davao have already been asking how the parish came about. And how St. Jude Thaddeus, a lesser acknowledged apostle, was chosen as patron saint for the parish.
The story goes back in 1964, when the late Archbishop Clovis Thibault, PME, who was then bishop of Davao, asked an extra PME priest, Fr. Paul Gravel, to open just just a little chapel in Malvar Street. When confronted using the dilemma of naming a patron saint for the chapel, Bishop Thibault recommended St. Jude Thaddeus for two elements: first, was that the bishop really had a genuine devotion towards the ‘Patron Saint of Lost Causes. And secondly, the bishop’s grandfather was truly named ‘Jude.’ So, dedicating the Chapel to St. Jude Thaddeus was also the bishop’s way of honoring the pleased memory he had with his grandfather.
Consequently, just just a little chapel was constructed just along the corner of a bowling lane owned by the Knights of Columbus. Within months, people everywhere started to treat the place as a sacred shrine. Although there was no official Church document that confirms its appellation as a ‘miraculous’ pilgrimage web site, the little chapel was then acknowledged because the Saint Jude Thaddeus Shrine.
A year later, in 1965, St. Jude Thaddeus Parish Church was officially proclaimed as an independent parish beneath the Archdiocese of Davao. Rev. Fr. Paul Gravel, PME became its initial parish priest. The parish church architecture that we’re seeing nowadays was constructed in 1975. Gradually, the parish church progressed, stone following stone, because the years went by.
All via the years, St. Jude Thaddeus Parish Church remains to become a solace not just to these that have lost hope, but a lot much more so to these that discovered God, in Jesus Christ, as their only hope,strength, and salvation.
Malvar Street, Davao City
Call or fax them at: (082) 227-5402
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
- Saint Francis of Assisi About Saint Francis of Assisi
Saint Francis of Assisi (1182-1226) was born into a wealthy family in Assisi, Italy, the son of a cloth merchant. Francis obtained little formal education and his childhood was based solely on enjoyable. […]
- Shrine of the Holy Infant Jesus of Prague The Shrine Hills is known for grounding the site of Shrine of the Holy Infant Jesus of Prague — a church, seminary and meditation center for the devout Catholic Christians in Davao. People go there for various reasons: to pray, to play […]
- Redemptorist Church Address: JP Laurel Avenue, Davao City
Tel. No.: +63 (082) 227-6647 / 221-2245
Thursday: 2:30-4:00 pm
Saturday: 8:30 -10:00 am
Downpayment of […]
- San Pedro Cathedral The San Pedro Cathedral will be the oldest church in Davao City, Davao, Philippines. It was named immediately after San Pedro (Saint Peter), the patron saint of Davao. The original structure was built in 1847 throughout the Spanish period […]
- Out Of Nowhere Kitchen Torres: A Perfect Family / Group Dining Restaurant
"A Perfect Family / Group Dining Restaurant"
Jane A. (Google Review) - "their staffs are really accommodating and friendly. I always love to eat here."
DominiqueYsabelle E. (Google Review) - "This restaurant […]
- Ah fat Seafood in Davao Located within Victoria Plaza Compound along J.P. Laurel Avenue at Bajada, Ahfat Seafood can be a quite well-known Davao City cafe that provides exquisite and delightful Chinese dishes at super affordable costs. With food as its primary […]
- ABS-CBN Davao
TV Patrol The southern part of Mindanao may be the nearby information community send out with the ABS-CBN Local Community Team inside Davao Metropolis. It's been one of the most viewed information enter in Davao Town as well as Area 14. […]
- Java Jive Celebrate Life, Family and Friends as JavaJive offers you a 24/7 Brewing, Seeping and Fizzing Jazz- & OPM-themed Bistro Cafe.
Location 1.18 Centron Building, Quirino Street corner Gen. Luna Street, 8000 Davao […]
- Nice Occasion – Event Specialist in Davao City, Philippines Nice Occasion is a full-service Wedding organizer in Davao and Event Coordinator in Davao, specializing in unforgettable weddings and social events. Our one-on-one planning and design process is tailored to each client’s specific need […]
- The Apo View Hotel Davao’s most popular address, The Apo View, has by means of the last 60 years, developed a distinct brand of hospitality and excellence in service matched with the perfect blend of amenities for business and […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us