PINK Sisters (Adoration Sisters)
Tags: Blessed Sacrament, Catholic Nuns, Holy Spirit, Pink Sisters, Pink Sisters in davao
The Congregation (SSpSAp i.e. Congregatio Servarum Spiritus Sancti de Adoratione perpetua) was founded by Blessed Arnold Janssen on December 8, 1896, in the village of Steyl, Holland with the assistance of Blessed Maria Virgo and Co-foundress Mother Maria Michaele.
Blessed Arnold Janssen was a German diocesan priest, who did not plan to be a founder. At first, he only felt called to work for missionary animation in his country. In the course of his work, he saw more and more the great need for Germany to have a society for missionaries. With great faith, he responded to this need by founding such a society himself, the Society of the Divine Word.
In its mission statement, the Congregation says:
“We are a cloistered-contemplative missionary Congregation, living in community, whose members are entirely dedicated to the contemplative life in the service of perpetual adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. Thus we offer intercessory prayer for the needs of all. The rose color of our habits, which we wear in honor of the Holy Spirit, symbolizes our dedication to the Third Person of the Blessed Trinity. Evangelization and the sanctification of priests are particularly remembered in our life of prayer, which includes the singing of the Liturgy of the Hours (Divine Office) in choir.
“Our way of life points to the basic truth that God alone is the true center of being and the goal of all creation, that he alone can satisfy the human heart, and that every good and every success on this earth are his free gifts.
“In union with the Lord, whom we follow in a life of poverty, chastity and obedience, we adore God on behalf of our brothers and sisters throughout the world, convinced that being true to our love-response in answer to God’s call, our life of prayer and commitment is the best service we can contribute towards the building up of mankind in peace, justice, and love. In prayer before the Eucharistic Throne, we bring to the Lord all the needs and intentions recommended to us.”
You can find their peaceful convents in the following areas in the Philippines:
- New Manila, Quezon City
- Baguio City
- Tagaytay City
- Cebu City
- Davao City
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
- Our Lady of the Assumption Church
At the invitation of Archbishop Clovis Thibault, P.M. E., Davao Foundation came as the third SSS foundation in the Philippines with the handing over of the administration of Our Lady of the Assumption Parish to Congregation of the […]
- St. Jude Thaddeus Parish Church St. Jude Thaddeus Parish is situated in the southwest bend with the City of Davao at General Malvar Street. This parish was utilized to become a component with the San Pedro Cathedral; and claimed a membership of about 20,000 […]
- Ateneo de Davao University Ateneo de Davao University is really a premiere Filipino, Catholic and Jesuit College founded by the Philippine Province with the Society of Jesus in year 1948 which aims to establish a standard of excellence in academic and spiritual […]
- Saint Francis of Assisi About Saint Francis of Assisi
Saint Francis of Assisi (1182-1226) was born into a wealthy family in Assisi, Italy, the son of a cloth merchant. Francis obtained little formal education and his childhood was based solely on enjoyable. […]
- Brokenshire College Brokenshire College is committed to present value-oriented Christian Education by way of continuous improvement and total involvement for customer satisfaction.
Brokenshire College is the leading learning and transforming […]
- Sevenseas and NineSigns
SEVENSEAS AND NINESIGNS derived from 2 words;
SEVENSEAS: The phrase "Seven Seas" (as in the idiom "sail the Seven Seas") can refer either to a particular set of seven seas or be used as an expression for all the world's oceans in […]
- San Pedro Cathedral The San Pedro Cathedral will be the oldest church in Davao City, Davao, Philippines. It was named immediately after San Pedro (Saint Peter), the patron saint of Davao. The original structure was built in 1847 throughout the Spanish period […]
- Shrine of the Holy Infant Jesus of Prague The Shrine Hills is known for grounding the site of Shrine of the Holy Infant Jesus of Prague — a church, seminary and meditation center for the devout Catholic Christians in Davao. People go there for various reasons: to pray, to play […]
- Redemptorist Church Address: JP Laurel Avenue, Davao City
Tel. No.: +63 (082) 227-6647 / 221-2245
Thursday: 2:30-4:00 pm
Saturday: 8:30 -10:00 am
Downpayment of […]
- Gap Farm Resort in Davao Out within the countryside of Davao Metropolis, far from the hustle and bustle of daily metropolis life and from complex modernity could be the Philippine Gap Farm Vacation resort. Quiet and rural, not a few men and women have identified […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us