PINK Sisters (Adoration Sisters)
Tags: Blessed Sacrament, Catholic Nuns, Holy Spirit, Pink Sisters, Pink Sisters in davao
The Congregation (SSpSAp i.e. Congregatio Servarum Spiritus Sancti de Adoratione perpetua) was founded by Blessed Arnold Janssen on December 8, 1896, in the village of Steyl, Holland with the assistance of Blessed Maria Virgo and Co-foundress Mother Maria Michaele.
Blessed Arnold Janssen was a German diocesan priest, who did not plan to be a founder. At first, he only felt called to work for missionary animation in his country. In the course of his work, he saw more and more the great need for Germany to have a society for missionaries. With great faith, he responded to this need by founding such a society himself, the Society of the Divine Word.
In its mission statement, the Congregation says:
“We are a cloistered-contemplative missionary Congregation, living in community, whose members are entirely dedicated to the contemplative life in the service of perpetual adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. Thus we offer intercessory prayer for the needs of all. The rose color of our habits, which we wear in honor of the Holy Spirit, symbolizes our dedication to the Third Person of the Blessed Trinity. Evangelization and the sanctification of priests are particularly remembered in our life of prayer, which includes the singing of the Liturgy of the Hours (Divine Office) in choir.
“Our way of life points to the basic truth that God alone is the true center of being and the goal of all creation, that he alone can satisfy the human heart, and that every good and every success on this earth are his free gifts.
“In union with the Lord, whom we follow in a life of poverty, chastity and obedience, we adore God on behalf of our brothers and sisters throughout the world, convinced that being true to our love-response in answer to God’s call, our life of prayer and commitment is the best service we can contribute towards the building up of mankind in peace, justice, and love. In prayer before the Eucharistic Throne, we bring to the Lord all the needs and intentions recommended to us.”
You can find their peaceful convents in the following areas in the Philippines:
- New Manila, Quezon City
- Baguio City
- Tagaytay City
- Cebu City
- Davao City
Want your business to be listed here? Contact Us for FREE
You might also like:
- Our Lady of the Assumption Church At the invitation of Archbishop Clovis Thibault, P.M. E., Davao Foundation came as the third SSS foundation in the Philippines with the handing over of the administration of Our Lady of the Assumption Parish to Congregation of the […]
- St. Jude Thaddeus Parish Church St. Jude Thaddeus Parish is situated in the southwest bend with the City of Davao at General Malvar Street. This parish was utilized to become a component with the San Pedro Cathedral; and claimed a membership of about 20,000 […]
- Sevenseas and NineSigns SEVENSEAS AND NINESIGNS derived from 2 words; SEVENSEAS: The phrase "Seven Seas" (as in the idiom "sail the Seven Seas") can refer either to a particular set of seven seas or be used as an expression for all the world's oceans in […]
- BDO The product of a merger heralded as unprecedented in size and scale in the Philippine banking industry, Banco De Oro Unibank (BDO) today represents a firm consolidation of distinct strengths and advantages built over the years […]
- Pohoda Spa and Sauna "Expect the Unexpected.. the best massage in town."
Are you suffering from discomfort or pain? Is life causing you to need some rejuvenation or some relaxation to help you make it through the day or through the week perhaps? Have you […]
- Java Jive Celebrate Life, Family and Friends as JavaJive offers you a 24/7 Brewing, Seeping and Fizzing Jazz- & OPM-themed Bistro Cafe. Location 1.18 Centron Building, Quirino Street corner Gen. Luna Street, 8000 Davao […]
- BPI Through the years, BPI has been a beacon of financial confidence. Its strong heritage in responsible banking is evidenced by the many accolades the Bank has gained both from industry experts and ordinary customers. Now, at a time of […]
- Holiday Gym and Spa Keeping fit is not just a hobby but a way of life. This is why we have dedicated ourselves to people who know that the real strength they get from staying fit is the feeling it gives them inside. At Holiday Gym and Spa we want you to […]
- Maligaya taxi Maligaya taxi drivers have done it again. For the past years they have been getting poor feedback from the commuting public even from the mayor himself. Maligaya Taxi
(82) 299-1111; (82) 296-1391; (82) […]
- ABS-CBN Davao TV Patrol The southern part of Mindanao may be the nearby information community send out with the ABS-CBN Local Community Team inside Davao Metropolis. It's been one of the most viewed information enter in Davao Town as well as Area 14. […]
Other Related Links
Friends and Sponsors
If you wish to be added in our listing. Click here to contact us